Thursday, May 20, 2010

Safe Blogging, and Commenting

Here are a few quick tips for safe blogging and leaving a good blog comment:



Safe Blogging:


  • Never ever, share any personal information on your blog.

  • Whatever you post you should be proud of. A good check is: "Would it be okay if my future boss saw this? Would it be okay with me if God saw this?"

  • Never link to something that you haven't even read. It might contain weird or creepy material, but you had no idea, because, you didn't read it.

  • Don't post any inapropriate photos of yourself, you never know who is looking.

  • Be careful of the people you become involved with, they might not be who they say they are.

  • Posting something that might harass, defame, or hurt others, is wrong! Don't do it!

  • Be prepared, people will disagree and challenge you, don't get offended

  • Have fun, post things, and comment on other peoples posts.

Good Commenting



  • Be interactive, listen and respond to others.

  • Use these tips

1. Gather Facts


2. Make Connections


3. Ask Questions


4. Give Opinions



  • Use good sentence starters like these:

This reminds me of...


This is similar to...


I wonder...


I realized...


I noticed...


You can relate this to...


I'd like to know...


I'm surprised that...


If I were_______, I would___________


If _______ then ________


Although it seems...


I'm not sure that...



  • Try to respond directly to other readers

  • Quote the part that you are responding to, so that everyone will know what you are talking about

  • Elaborate! It helps when you are trying to make a point

  • Try to make positive comments

A safe Blog site for kids:

For more information you can visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers